If you’ve bought a sloping block, or you are considering buying one, why not talk to the team at Brett Ward Homes. They have the expertise to help you design a beautiful home that will meet your lifestyle needs and suit the block you have chosen.
Building on a Sloping Block
We won’t pretend it’s easy to build on a sloping block, but it’s certainly far from impossible. And yes, it often costs more to build on a sloping block, but the increased building cost is usually offset by the lower purchase price of the block.
The most important factor to a successful build on a sloping block is your choice of builder. Our director and master builder, Brett Ward, has over twenty years experience building in the hilly suburbs of Brisbane and on the Gold Coast hinterland and waterways.
Things to Consider
When Brett builds on a sloping block, he visits the site before the design process begins and takes the following factors into account.
- Slope – the way the block slopes affects the positioning and design of your home. Brett will check which way it slopes; if it falls or rises from the road or slopes left to right or vice versa.
- Orientation – the way a block faces is an important consideration for energy efficiency and lifestyle. The main living areas can face north on a north-facing block, but compromises may have to made on a south-facing block. Views will also be taken into account at this stage.
- Foundations – we can discuss the range of options available. Your choice will partly depend on the style of home you desire, however, a split-level concrete slab can be a very cost effective and energy efficient choice.
- Bedrock – soil depths are usually quite shallow on sloping blocks, so Brett always works with the natural features of each block to avoid unnecessary excavations.
At Brett Ward Homes, we want you to have a home that is functional and beautiful, so we work hard to bring out the positive attributes of your sloping block and tie the entire space together. Each home we build is special to us, so we’ll stick with you every step of the way, from the first turn of the soil until the day you move into your completed home.
Building on a sloping block can be tricky, but our years of experience and efficient work practices removes trial and error. Our comprehensive build process and exceptional customer service will provide oversight and peace of mind through every stage of your project.
We are confident that we can deliver spectacular character homes on sloping blocks because we have already done so many times. Discover the quality and appeal of a Brett Ward Home
– read our customer testimonials or browse our gallery today.
Do you have a sloping block that is crying out for a creative solution? Why not contact Brett or Kirsty today to find out how Brett Ward Homes can turn your empty sloping block into a backdrop for an architectural masterpiece.